Thursday, September 16, 2010

Leslie Sansone's 5 Day Slim Down

I bought this DVD somewhat ashamed… I was a little worried my hubby would make fun of me for doing an old lady workout video (so far he has not said a thing) but I really needed more ways to stay in shape while being confined to the house. We recently moved to Henderson, NV and when it’s 110 degrees outside at 9 in the morning, you can’t really do much out there which took away all of my cardio options. I got sick of my Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD because it had a ton of lunges and that really bothered my knees and my lower back so I was finding more and more reasons not to do it anymore.
I trained for a ½ marathon with a really good friend of mine from January until May in Utah. As you know, Utah is cold and snowy in the winter so some days we weren’t able to actually go running because we were taking our babies with us in jogging strollers and we didn’t want to subject the babies to that. Instead, my friend bought one of Leslie Sansone’s DVDs and we would do 4 miles right there in her living room. This particular DVD had faster paced miles on it but the 5 Day Slim Down is what I have right now and I faithfully do this workout every day. Sometimes if I don’t wake up earlier enough to beat my little girl awake, I only do 1 mile but most days I do two or three in a row so I end up doing each mile several times per week. The first mile is what she calls a “Classic Mile.” It’s a lot like what her Walk Away the Pounds series is like. Day two is an arm sculpting mile, day three is legs, day four is abs (yes you can work your abs while walking) and day 5 is a faster mile.
There are a few places where Leslie doesn’t cue things right or she’s a little bit off and she has a habit of telling you “only __ more!” and going way past that but really, once you do the mile a few times you come to anticipate those places where she doesn’t cue great and it’s fine. Sometimes I don’t even have to listen to her anymore because I know exactly what’s coming and when based on the music that’s playing. Leslie is really fun and inspiring and she really motivates you to keep it up. Some videos (*ahem* Biggest Loser…) kind of yell at you to keep moving your fat butt and so on but she’s not like that at all. She’s very pleasant to listen to. I never thought I’d work up a sweat while doing a walking video but I do every time! I love the low impact nature of it because my knees and my back don’t do too well anymore with too much high impact and it’s a lot of fun to do! I love every video of hers I’ve tried so far so I’m sure you can’t go wrong with one of her workouts! Check them all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment