Monday, August 15, 2011

New Challenge!

     Alrighty! I'm finally home from my many summer travels and won't be going anywhere for a while (with 6 weeks left until baby boy gets here, my body is very grateful for no more car rides!). I've been thinking a lot about the direction I want to go next with this blog and I haven't quite got it figured out yet but I didn't want to leave you all hanging (as I have for the last little while here) so I decided to throw out another challenge to help you look your best. This one is just as simple as the push up challenge but will change your body in big ways. I decided we were ready for a sit up challenge! Yahoo! Don't you just love sit ups? Haha okay maybe not, but I can promise you that you will love what happens to you when you are consistently working your abs.
     Did you know that a lot of lower back pain is caused by weak abdominal muscles? Well, now you know, and now there's no reason for you NOT to work your abs. Speaking as one who is suffering from extreme back pain due to pregnancy right now, I would KILL to do some sit ups! So, two biggest reasons to do the sit up challenge? Stronger, flatter abdominal muscles for a flatter tummy, and lower back pain relief! I think we can all agree that the benefits far outweigh the horribleness of doing sit ups. ;)
     I promise that not all challenges will be outlined this same way, but this one is going to be the same as the push up challenge. You're going to work your way up to 100 sit ups at a time. You can start with as few as you like and slowly add more until you can work up to 100. I personally like to do several sets of sit ups throughout the day (well, I would if I weren't pregnant right now haha) so that I'm getting in a large total of sit ups. If your abs are in decent shape already, you'll probably be able to do close to 100 per day in sets. For example, you could do 25 in the morning, 25 in the afternoon, 25 in the evening, and 25 before you go to bed. While doing the push up challenge, I did 25 after my morning warm up (just before my cardio) I did my cardio, did another set of 25 push ups, stretched, and then did another set. If I could remember (which is always the tricky part) I would do another 25 later in the day. I haven't been able to do 100 in a row yet, but I have been making progress! ;)
     So, I officially issue the challenge to work your way up to 100 sit ups in a row and leave comments on how you've been trying to accomplish this. Please comment on ways you keep yourself motivated to do this so that your ideas can help others! I'd also love to hear about how far you've come on your push up challenge! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment